This year is a long journey for various large technology companies, they must immediately catch up, one way is to upgrade their systems.
Through its official blog, WhatsApp announced since May 7, 2019 that they will be updating the system, and that almost all types of OS have been affected, including the impact on smartphones.
For all users of the smartphones bellow, just update the operating system from now, or if you don't do that, then you will not be able to access WhatsApp again and the application will be blocked.
The following is a list of brands of cellphones and operating systems that cannot use the WhatsApp application starting later this year:
- Nokia Symbian S60 began to be blocked on June 30, 2017.
- BlackBerry OS and BlackBerry 10 begin updating and blocking after December 31, 2017.
- Nokia S40 will also be affected starting after December 31, 2018.
- Most All Windows Phone operating systems which will start blocked by after December 31, 2019.
- Android versions 2.3.7 and older can still be started early next year after February 1, 2020.
- The iPhone iOS 7 and older after will also be affected starting next year, February 1, 2020.
For you All SmartPhone or Operating System owners mentioned above those are expected to immediately upgrade your operating system before the specified time limit.
The reasons for WhatsApp to do this, of course, because there are special considerations, to develop better applications for all users.
This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp. If you use one of these affected mobile devices, we recommend upgrading to a newer Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone before the end of 2016 to continue using WhatsApp.
According to them, WhatsApp is no longer developing on those platforms and some features will not function well in the future development of their applications, as we know that WhatsApp is currently developing chat technology for business needs for entrepreneurs who need fast access and maximum interaction to their customers.